Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dalek 13 October 2008


Having finished watching the most recent season last week, we decided to pick something that neither Jacob nor his friend Andy had seen, and that took us back to the first series of the latest installments, complete with Rose and Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor.

It is a really good episode, and discloses things about the Doctor that do not really get resolved until the end of the last season -- like his violent urges and the way Rose tries to calm him down and stop him from using that big gun. It is true, he is a better Doctor today because of what Rose has taught him.

This night was a difficult one, because as many of you know I also love two other thin gs that begin with the letter D, those are debate and the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Dodgers faced a tough national league championship game at the same time as Doctor Who Theater, but in a defining choice I went for the Doctor.

Next week I will be in Chile on Monday night and I will just watch something on my own in my hotel room, probably. Or with friends. Doctor Who is always better with friends.

No comments: